What Not to Miss in New York

New York, I can safely say, is my favourite place in the world. I truly believe there is something there for everyone. As I write this I am currently planning my next trip to New York for this winter. Having been to New York a few times, but each being in either summer or autumn, experiencing the colder months will be a new experience for me!

As my first post on New York, I thought it would be best to focus on all the tourist sites that should not be missed! Although New York has so many amazing places to visit, the tourist spots still deserve to be visited at least once!

Here are my top ten 'must-see's' in New York City:

1. Times Square - Although possibly the most 'touristy' location, it is a must see in day and night.
 
2. Statue of Liberty - I love visiting the statue of liberty, with the option to buy a ticket to take a ferry directly to the Statue of Liberty, or catch the free Staten Island ferry to sail past.
3. Empire State Building - An amazing sight and unparalleled views of the city.

4. Central Park - Perfect for a stroll, run or even a horse and carriage ride!
5. Grand Central Station - Perfect for people watching and make sure to look up at the ceiling!
6. Top of the Rock - Personally my favourite spot to have a view of the city. You can buy a sun and stars ticket, granting access once in the day and again after the sunset.
7. The High Line - Once a rail line, now a brilliant way to see the city from a different perspective.
8. Brooklyn Bridge - Although you can ride a taxi, I would recommend walking across just prepare for crowds!
9. DUMBO - Although still an amazing view of the city, head down for sunset and watch the lights of Manhattan as the sun goes down.
10. Greenwich Village - A perfect location to have a stroll with some amazing brunch spots and not forgetting the Friends building!

Hopefully this list can help provide some inspiration for a future trip!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

24 Hours in Paris